Using passwordless login¶
'Passwordless login' is an authentication process whereby users are not required to enter a password when logging in. Instead, authentication is performed with the help of the smart card authenticator.
The Digidentity platform uses the OAuth2 specification to enable this for IDK-integrated mobile apps. More information can be found here.
Below is a typical login scenario:
- The client's backend makes a request to the Digidentity backend to return a JSON containing a URI
- The URI from the JSON can then be displayed as a QR code or passed to the IDK to handle
- The IDK recognizes the payload from the URI/QR code and starts the passwordless login flow
- The user is presented with an authentication screen. Once complete, the IDK reports a success result back to the app with the PLS request ID
- The app notifies the client's backend that the authentication is complete and provides the returned PLS request ID
- The client's backend requests an authentication token from the Digidentity platform which can be used to access the required resources